Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mango-Lime Sticky Rice (V)

This is one of The Wife's Favorite desserts. She is the dessert maker in our house, but this one is mine...all mine. Um, well I think that some credit goes to Jasmine Thai restaurant on Cooper in Memphis, TN. We get it there all of the time. This is a good fake though, and it is so simple. 
1 cup of jasmine rice
2 cups water
1 lime
1/2 cup sugar
3 mangos (large dice)
pinch of salt

The rice, water, salt, and 1/4 cup of the sugar go into a pot along with the zest from the lime. Cooked covered for 20 minutes. Make a syrup from the juice of the lime and the remaining sugar. Serve diced cold mangos along side the warm sweet rice. Drizzle the whole thing with the syrup. You'll thank me. Just don't try to eat it with chopsticks. It is impossible. Trust me.

5 comments:

Stacey Greenberg said...

no coconut milk?

For the Love of Guava said...

oh my goodness... this is my favorite!! I didn't realize it was so easy to make... I'll have to try it!

Bianca said...

If only I could make sticky rice sticky! I have no luck with that....grrr....

Michelle said...

that sounds amazingly simple and lovely! i'd like to try it maybe with brown jasmine rice and agave instead of sugar.

Lindsey said...

One of Amelia's favorite, too! Yum!