Monday, November 10, 2008

Grown-up Push-up

A little visit to the Wolfchase Orange Julius stand this past Sunday at noon when I was trying to turn my mind so completely off that all I would hear was an empty buzz (having no table or decent dining room for Thanksgiving, hearing about the fam's newly-hatched plan to celebrate Christmas at 5:00 on Thanksgiving-- yeah, I've been a little preoccupied...) made me remember how well oranges and vanilla match. Tonight I thought I would recreate that lovely drink with a Monday-night twist: Absolut Vanilla. Here's what you do:

Squeeze 4 oranges and one red grapefruit
2 shots Absolut Vanilla
1 c Stonybrook Farms fat-free vanilla fro-yo
vanilla bean or orange slice garnish

Mix it all up in a silver cup with a whisk and garnish. Serves 2. Tastes exactly like a push-up pop!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love vainilla beans!

Anonymous said...

uh-oh. going back to your old week night ways, i see. :) it sounds delicious and you have to make me one as soon as i pop this baby out.
-bianca

p.s. we can eat on the floor for thanksgiving (before your christmas celebration). it will still be delicious and fun.

Bianca said...

Yum, yum! Orange push pops! Remember the ones that had Fred Flinstone on the the tube!

BTW, I FINALLY tried those raw burgers at the Smooth Moves...super good.